This time of year when all i want to do is bake cookies. This is a Christmas classic. The best Christmas cookie Isn’t it? Vegan, healthy and very tasty with fabulous spices. The smell and taste of ginger, cinnamon and cloves are great. The gingerbread is very fun to make cookies and decorate. If you have children, you should definitely try together. I’m sure there’il be nice cookies.
Decorate as you like. You can use other colors with natural superfood sources. Or you can just do it with your own color of powdered sugar. The cookies look great in white. I used ginger men and a Christmas tree cookie cutter. You can make Christmas candy, snowflakes or any cutter you want.
Let’s have fun and enjoy it!
- 2-2/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons gluten free plain flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut oil / melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 small orange juice
- Zest of one small orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Flours, spices and salt .
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients. Molasses, coconut oil, coconut sugar, orange juice, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix. If your dough is too soft, put it in the fridge and leave it for an hour.
- When your cookie is ready preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put the dough between the parchment paper and open it thinly.
- Cut it as you like and place it on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just slightly brown.
- Place it on the cooling tray and allow it to cool thoroughly.
- Royal Icing / Mix the sugar and milk in the bowl and decorate with royal icing.