This recipe is with natural coloring, very tasty and healthy. It’s also fun to do. I love coloring recipes. And all of this is absolutely natural. green or blue spirulina, turmeric, beet, matcha … and more. I used 3 colors but you can increase the colors as you like it.
Everyone gets excited when they see a colorful dessert. and then they taste and wow.
- 1 cup (~180g) pitted medjool dates
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup (60g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (20g) cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups (240g) raw cashews
- 1 cup (240g) coconut milk*
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
- 1/2-1 tsp spirulina
- 1/2-1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup blueberries, pureed
* You can use any non-dairymilk you want.
- Soak the cashews in water for 3/4 hours with water
- Mix coconut flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the dates and water in the blender.
- To create a sticky dough, add the dates to the dry ingredients and stir in the bowl.
- Transfer to a square cake tin covered with parchment paper. and press the base well.*
* I used a classic rectangular cake tin.
ICE CREAM LAYER
- Put the wet cashew, milk and maple syrup in the blender and continue until creamy.
- Transfer the cream into 3 separate bowls. add turmeric powder in a first bowl.
add spirulina to the second bowl. and add the blueberry powder to the latest bowl.
- Transfer the 3 different colors you have obtained into your cake tin as in the picture. And mix the colorist together with the help of a rod.
- Leave your ice cream in the freezer until you are sure it freezes.
- Slice your ice cream after it freezes. After slicing your cake, melt the chocolate and cover them one by one if you like. If you cover it with chocolate without cutting it, you will have a hard time cutting it because the chocolate will freeze. And probably the chocolate layer cracks.
- Keep it in the freezer. Take it off before you eat it and let it soften.